Call to Order (800) 446.1990 Bookmark and Share
BRAGG LIVE FOOD PRODUCTS

June 26, 2012

Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Featured in Livestrong Article

Filed under: Uncategorized — admin @ 9:40 AM

Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Featured In Livestrong Article!

Is Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Systemic Candida?

By Maura Shenker

Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is an unpasteurized organic apple cider that contains protein enzymes, which give the vinegar a cloudy appearance. These live cultures help alkalize the body, and like probiotics, replenish beneficial bacteria that crowd out yeast. Candida is a naturally occurring yeast, but can quickly grow out of control if your body becomes acidic from eating too much sugar or if beneficial bacteria are killed off from antibiotic use. Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar has zero calories and is sodium free.

Candida Basics

Candida is a fungal yeast that lives on the surface of your skin and thrives in moist warm areas such as your underarms or genital area. Although candida infections are usually superficial, in rare cases candida can enter the blood stream resulting in a systemic infection. Systemic candida infections are more common in people with a weakened immune system, those who use broad spectrum antibiotics and people with a hormonal imbalance.

The Acid/Alkaline Balance

Candida thrives in an acidic environment, which is often caused by poor nutrition. It’s a common misconception that acidic tasting foods cause acidity in your body. Foods such as lemons and limes may taste acidic, but they actually alkalize the blood. The standard American diet is very acidic, because acidifying foods include most animal proteins, cheese, milk, butter and canola oil. Alkalizing foods are mostly fruits, vegetables, eggs, chicken, yogurt, nuts, seeds and apple cider vinegar.

Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar

Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar restores the pH balance in your body by creating an alkalizing environment and encouraging beneficial bacteria to grow. Healthy bacteria crowd-out candida and aid digestion. Three times a day, drink a mixture of 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar mixed with 8 oz. of water. Don’t add a sweetener, because sugar will feed the yeast. If the taste is too strong for you, try adding freshly squeezed lemon juice.

The Herxheimer Reaction

Your candida symptoms may get worse as you start treating your fungal yeast infection. The worsening of these symptoms is known as the Herxheimer reaction. As the yeast die, they release a toxic by product that may cause nausea or fatigue. However, you should start to feel better within a few days. Don’t stop drinking the apple cider vinegar – this discomfort is temporary and part of the treatment process.

For Complete Article

This Blog is moderated. It is created to be informative, inspiring and uplifting. Our positive philosophy at Bragg is to communicate with love and respect. As Paul and Patricia Bragg teach, in expressing your thoughts and opinions to others, ask yourself: "Is it good, is it kind, is it necessary?" All comments that do not fit this philosophy will not be posted.

74 Comments »

1. How many hours apart from my probiotic capsule and ACV?
    ACV sounds great but will it kill off probiotic supplement?
    Thank you!

Comment by Diane — December 9, 2013 @ 4:53 AM

2. Hello Diane,

It is recommended to wait at least one hour between taking supplements and Apple Cider Vinegar. If in doubt, consult your medical professional!

Blessings of Health, Peace & Love!
    Patricia

Comment by admin — December 9, 2013 @ 11:15 AM

3. I am having a real dilemma about your product – is it a “probiotic” or not? If it is, where can I obtain documention that it is????

Comment by Elaine — June 4, 2014 @ 6:01 PM

4. Hello Elaine,

We hope this helps.

Blessings of Health, Peace & Love!
    Bragg Live Food Products

Comment by admin — June 18, 2014 @ 1:52 PM

5. cannot wait to start this protocol, but how long do i continue to drink the tincture three times daily?? weeks?? months?? forever, ever??

Comment by jeanetteleora — August 24, 2014 @ 7:28 PM

6. Hello Jeanette, the ACV regimen can be taken three times daily before meals for as long as you wish! You will notice benefits beginning immediately, however the longer you take it, the more time it has to work! Blessings of Health, Peace & Love! Patricia.

Comment by admin — August 28, 2014 @ 4:43 PM

7. Hey my question is does Apple cider vinegar help break down fibroids and cyst. I have been reading it all over the internet.

Comment by Victoria Bowles — August 30, 2014 @ 4:33 AM

8. Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your interest in Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, however in this particular instance, we would recommend addressing it with your medical practitioner or naturopathic physician.

Blessings of Health!
    Bragg LFP

Comment by admin — September 12, 2014 @ 1:04 PM

9. Hi 😉 I was told that it is possible to get too alkaline by taking too much ACV/ lemon juice. Is that something that you know anything about?

Comment by Kelli Orta — September 21, 2014 @ 7:33 PM

10. Hi Kelli! Good news – totally untrue. Blessings of Health, Peace & Love! Patricia.

Comment by admin — September 24, 2014 @ 2:06 PM

11. Hi!!
    Can I replace Diflucan with Bragg ACV?
    Please say yes!!

Thank you!

Comment by Jen — October 7, 2014 @ 8:51 AM

12. Hi Jen, I recommend consulting your medical professional before stopping or replacing any prescription medication. Blessings of Health, Peace & Love! Patricia

Comment by admin — October 9, 2014 @ 2:59 PM

13. Can diluted acv be rubbed on baby’s gums to treat oral thrush?

Comment by milcah — March 6, 2015 @ 11:31 AM

14. yes, you can use a cotton ball to dab on the diluted ACV

Comment by admin — December 7, 2015 @ 1:23 PM

15. Should I drink the 8 oz of water and 2 tsp of ACV on an empty stomach or can I drink it with a meal?

Comment by rob — March 8, 2015 @ 5:55 PM

16. empty stomach is best, but it also works if you sip it after a meal.

Comment by admin — December 7, 2015 @ 1:23 PM

17. How long does it take for apple cider Vinegar to start working ?
    Does it contain live coultures ?

Comment by Eboney Johnson — December 29, 2015 @ 4:51 PM

18. it works immediately. And it is raw, so it has live enzymes in it

Comment by admin — January 12, 2016 @ 3:11 PM

19. Although ACV is an alkaline I’ve read that drinking it will increase acid levels in stomach. Is this true? I have low stomach acid & would like to improve it.

Comment by Josh — January 24, 2016 @ 11:34 PM

20. yes, you can improve your HCL in your stomach by drinking the ACV. This will help your body break down foods more naturally.

Comment by admin — February 5, 2016 @ 11:10 AM

21. Does tap water kill the live bacteria in ACV. Can I still use tap water?

Comment by Ben roberts — January 29, 2016 @ 7:40 AM

22. it’s always best to use filtered water and never drink tap water.

Comment by admin — February 5, 2016 @ 11:18 AM

23. how long can you take the Apple Cider vinegar is you’re taking 2 tablespoons three times/day with cayenne and lemon julce? Any risk of stomach reaction to all this acid?

Comment by Mary — February 9, 2016 @ 4:40 PM

24. I would be sure to dilute it in water. It will not affect your stomach. It actually helps with the production of stomach acid which is needed for proper digestion.

Comment by admin — April 6, 2016 @ 1:03 PM

25. Hi
    Is the making of this apple cider vinegar all through natural process of fermentation,
    Do you add any other ingredients to make the fermentation process faster?

Comment by Dara — March 22, 2016 @ 2:20 PM

26. it’s an all natural process.

Comment by admin — April 6, 2016 @ 1:01 PM

27. How much ACV should I take to help with gum infection and how many times a day should I drink it?

Comment by Sandy — June 14, 2016 @ 9:51 PM

28. We cannot provide specific advice. One suggestion would be to drink 1 TBS in the morning in a 8 pz. glass of water.

Comment by admin — June 21, 2016 @ 11:14 AM

29. Hi, I am taking Fluconazole 1 x week Have had no change in 3 doses is it ok to use the ACV while taking it my tongue is still white & raw spots on it, And my stomach not happy . I have taken it 3 days 2x day with organic honey for my regurg level is high. Will take it tonight with the lemon & see if it will set well. Appreciate your input info. God Bless You!!

Comment by Lois Lewis — June 20, 2016 @ 4:07 PM

30. We cannot give specific advice. Please, seek advice from a medical professional. Blessings.

Comment by admin — June 21, 2016 @ 11:14 AM

31. I also feel a little tipsy after drinking is this normal? Thanks

Comment by Lois — June 20, 2016 @ 5:32 PM

32. You might want to get advice from a doctor.

Comment by admin — June 21, 2016 @ 11:13 AM

33. Does your ACV contains any type of yeast?

Comment by Pilar Buckley — June 23, 2016 @ 6:52 AM

34. ACV is made originally from yeast and it could still be present in small amounts.

Comment by admin — June 29, 2016 @ 9:45 AM

35. if you put acv in boiling water will it destroy the enzymes?

Comment by Kay — July 5, 2016 @ 4:40 PM

36. Yes, it could

Comment by admin — July 6, 2016 @ 9:21 AM

37. hi, can I give apple cider vinegar to my 5 year old when she’s on antibiotics?

Comment by olivia — July 10, 2016 @ 1:35 AM

38. Please, check with your doctor

Comment by admin — July 12, 2016 @ 11:31 AM

39. Hello, I’m trying to clear an infection my question is does your ACV kill good bacteria as well? I would like to know so I know to be taking a probiotic to help with good bacteria growth.

Comment by Jaimie — July 17, 2016 @ 5:02 AM

40. Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is an unpasteurized organic apple cider that contains protein enzymes, which give the vinegar a cloudy appearance. These live cultures help alkalize the body, and like probiotics, replenish beneficial bacteria

Comment by admin — July 19, 2016 @ 9:05 AM

41. Hello baby
    The article is very helpful for me,i like it,thanks a lot!

Comment by oakley glasses prices — July 17, 2016 @ 7:01 PM

42. Will ACV lose its effectiveness if put in a smoothie?

Comment by Susan — July 18, 2016 @ 1:24 PM

43. It shouldn’t.

Comment by admin — July 19, 2016 @ 9:06 AM

44. Hello
    My recent stool lab test said that my gut is too alkaline. Can I still take ACV for candida.
    Kind regards
    Karen

Comment by karen — July 21, 2016 @ 9:47 AM

45. Blessings! Please, consult your doctor for specific medical advice.

Comment by admin — July 21, 2016 @ 9:59 AM

46. I take medication daily, I take prednisone, awater pill, aspirin 81 mg and heartburn medicine and high blood pressure medicine and recently been put on 2 antibiotics for eye infection, will apple cider vinegar affect any of these medications, thank you have a blessed day & GOD BLESS…

Comment by shalon jackson — July 28, 2016 @ 12:14 PM

47. Our book on Apple Cider Vinegar may be helpful. See http://bragg.com/books/acv_excerpt.html.

Comment by admin — July 29, 2016 @ 8:36 AM

48. I heard that antacid actually helps yeast grow out of control.

Comment by Hoover — August 19, 2016 @ 4:44 PM

49. I’ve taken yourAVC off an on for years,it’s help my acid reflux, but want to start using it again, cause I’ve haven’t ever had this problem in the past. But now I do, if taken 2tbls 3 times a day help with smell in a certain area? Notice it during intercourse. And how long will it take to get rid of it, if it will?

Comment by Kris — September 12, 2016 @ 8:17 PM

50. No. However, we can’t give specific medical advice. You can get our Bragg book on Apple Cider Vinegar on our site @ http://bragg.com/books/acv_excerpt.html

Comment by admin — September 13, 2016 @ 9:12 AM

51. I would rather drink the vinegar straight instead of in water. Any problem?

Comment by Jane — September 12, 2016 @ 9:16 PM

52. No. However, we can’t give specific medical advice. You can get our Bragg book on Apple Cider Vinegar on our site @ http://bragg.com/books/acv_excerpt.html

Comment by admin — September 13, 2016 @ 9:11 AM

53. If I add lemon or lime juice, will it alter the benefits? Thanks

Comment by Jeff — September 28, 2016 @ 5:59 PM

54. No, it shouldn’t. Please refer to our book called Apple Cider Vinegar at bragg.com under Books

Comment by admin — September 29, 2016 @ 11:23 AM

55. Hello. I just bought some of your vinigar. A friend told me it would help my colitis. What do you think? I’m pretty sure it can’t hurt. Thanks.

Comment by Nancy — October 8, 2016 @ 12:27 PM

56. For helpful information about the benefits and uses of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), you can purchase the Bragg book on ACV @ http://bragg.com/books/acv_excerpt.html

Comment by admin — October 11, 2016 @ 8:49 AM

57. I began taking 1 Tbsp of ACV diluted in water and fresh lemon juice about 2 weeks ago, and I’ve been having trouble moving my bowels since.

Is this in anyway normal?

Comment by Marc — November 5, 2016 @ 6:52 AM

58. Generally, ACV helps with bowel movements. I suggest you speak to your doctor.

Blessings!

Comment by admin — November 7, 2016 @ 1:45 PM

59. Does adding acv to live fermented food kill the beneficial bacteria?

Comment by Warne Watson — November 5, 2016 @ 11:19 AM

60. Apple Cider Vinegar can be considered both a pro-biotic and a pre-biotic. As a fermented food, it is a probiotic product and has all of the associated health benefits. Due to the content of the soluble apple pectin fibers in ACV, it is also a prebiotic!

We hope this helps.

Blessings of Health, Peace & Love!
    Bragg Live Food Products

Comment by admin — November 7, 2016 @ 1:43 PM

61. […] Also extremely important to healing the gut is rebuilding essential gut bacteria that has been depleted by antibiotics, over sanitation with items such as hand sanitizer that not only kill healthy bacteria but increase absorption of pesticides and BPA), antibacterial soaps that studies show cause endocrine disruption and causing bacterial resistance per the FDA. These habits are leaving Americans susceptible to the bad bacteria and superbugs. A great way to rebuild healthy bacteria in our guts is homemade cultured vegetables that not only provide a great range of probiotics, culturing your vegetables can also remove pesticides from them. Homemade milk and water kefir are also great options they offer 30 – 50 beneficial bacteria, I have yet to find a probiotic that offers more beneficial bacteria, sauerkraut is a cultured food that off great benefits. We have also found that a daily dose of ACV (or Apple Cider Vinegar) to be extremely helpful in rebalancing the gut and fighting against yeast (or fungal) overgrowth in the gut. This has improved gut function, calmed irritation and significantly reduced food allergies, intolerance and sensitivity in our family. Learn more here Braggs. […]

Pingback by Food Allergies, Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity, Celiac Disease, and Leaky Gut Syndrome ~ Healing Children Naturally — November 13, 2016 @ 11:27 AM

62. Does ACV help with skin problems, specifically, seborrheic dermatitis and will it help with hair regrowth?

Comment by Kari — February 7, 2017 @ 5:52 PM

63. Apple Cider Vinegar is excellent for your hair and skin. For more information, purchase our Apple Cider Vinegar book at bragg.com

Comment by admin — February 8, 2017 @ 9:43 AM

64. I have a friend with bad breath and bad skin, will drinking acv 3 times a day remove these problems

Comment by Diane — February 9, 2017 @ 5:50 AM

65. It has been shown to help with bad breath.

Comment by admin — August 7, 2017 @ 1:26 PM

66. I have a friend with bad breath and bad skin, will drinking acv 3 times a day remove these problems.
    Should apply the acv on hair

Comment by Diane — February 9, 2017 @ 5:51 AM

67. Apple Cider Vinegar can be helpful for both bad breath and bad skin, as well as a healthy plant based diet. You can order a Bragg book about Apple Cider Vinegar from our web site at bragg.com. Select books from the top header.

Comment by admin — February 9, 2017 @ 8:47 AM

68. I am sensitive to yeast. Can I take Bragg’s ACV?

Comment by Lois — February 14, 2017 @ 11:42 AM

69. ACV does not have yeast. Please, see your doctor about food allergies and sensitivity that you may be having.

Comment by admin — February 14, 2017 @ 12:20 PM

70. Will the probiotic effectiveness be diminished if I drink it as a hot tea?

Comment by Juli LeMaster — February 17, 2017 @ 4:30 PM

71. Will heating vinegar to make a hot drink destroy th probiotic benefit ?

Comment by Juanita champ — February 21, 2017 @ 7:41 PM

72. If you heat the vinegar to more than 160 degrees, yes the probiotic benefit could be lost.

Comment by admin — February 22, 2017 @ 12:53 PM