Bragg Live Foods Products
“Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. CHANCES OF WINNING ARE NOT INCREASED BY MAKING PURCHASES IN ANY WAY.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Bragg Live Foods Products, their respective affiliate companies, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as their spouses, siblings, children and member of any such employees or contractors families are not eligible to win. The Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: Bragg Live Food Products, Inc., Box 7, Santa Barbara, CA 93102
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. Participation in the Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” constitutes your full agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. The Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” begins on November 15, 2009 and ends February 28, 2010. Participants enter submissions into different categories of recipes at any time for this contest. There will be twelve different categories; recipes submitted must match a category for submission.
The following are the recipe categories which can be entered at any time until the contest ends February 28th, 2010:
|• Baked Dishes; Requires Two Bragg Products
• Healthy Desserts; Requires One Bragg Product
• Raw Food & Juicing; Requires One Bragg Product
• Soups; Requires Two Bragg Products
• Healthy Snacks; Requires One Bragg Product
• Vegetable Dishes; Requires Two Bragg Products
• Appetizers; Requires One Bragg Product
• Salads; Requires Two Bragg Products
• Bean/Lentil Dishes; Requires One Bragg Product
• Pasta Dishes; Requires Two Bragg Products
• Fruit Dishes; Requires One Bragg Product
• Sandwiches; Requires Two Bragg Products
There is only one limitation to the number of entries per category: If you submit more than one entry per category, each recipe for that category must be on a blog or website or Facebook Page/Note with a hotlink to the corresponding Bragg product(s) required for the recipe. Some categories require one product link and others require two; see the chart above in the third column.
Final judging will take place before March 1, 2010 when a winner and finalists will be announced; the winner and finalists will be announced through various social media sites, the bragg.com website and in our newsletter.
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, participants in the Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” are only required to do two things after reading these contest rules: Submit your recipe(s) via email, or send a link to your recipe AND send an email with the NOTICE statement.
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following “NOTICE”:
“NOTICE: I have read and understand the terms and conditions of this contest. I am 18 years of age or older and am a resident of the United States. I have no guarantee of pay or other compensation in exchange for my entry in this contest. I give my permission for Bragg Live Food Products to use my recipe to share with readers either in book form or via the Internet.
Please (DO / DO NOT) credit my recipe based on the information I provide (name, city and state). Please use my (FULL NAME / FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME INITIAL) when giving credit.
I understand that if I am submitting more than one recipe for a category that I must submit a link to a website or blog where this recipe is published AND it must be hotlinked to the page where the product(s) is on the Bragg.com website. Otherwise, I will only submit one recipe per category via email.
My entry is in the following category: ________________”
You must include the following:
* Your name
You must also include the following for correspondence:
* Phone number(s)
* Office correspondence email address
(must be same as the one you are using to submit your entry)
CONTACT NOTICE: You can only use one email address during this contest and it is considered the official address for winner and finalist notification and also is the only address to be used for requests to remove entries or change the contest of any entries in this contest.
6. TO QUALIFY FOR ENTRY, participants must do the following:
- Submit the NOTICE information as described above in an email for entry
- Submit the recipe in the same email for the applicable category
or in the case of multiple recipes submitted for one category, submit in the entry email the links to a blog or website. Note where the recipes are. Note that whatever mention of Bragg products are in your recipe (which are required), they must be hotlinked to the Bragg.com page where these products are located. If you need help with this, send an email for further instructions on how to do this.
Any attempted entry by any means except as permitted in these Official Rules is void. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, inaccurate, garbled or illegible entries or materials or for any computer, cable, network, satellite, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability or for jumbled transmissions, or for service provider/Internet/Website/usenet accessibility or availability, traffic congestion or unauthorized intervention, or for inaccurate capture of any information or the failure to capture any such information. All entrants with entries which are accepted or rejected will be notified as to whether they are accepted or rejected. We reserve the right not to explain reasons for rejected entries.
7. SELECTION OF WINNERS. By participating in the Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest”, you agree that Sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their representatives, employees, agents, and contractors have the right to a) assess, evaluate, score, verify and judge your entry, publicly or otherwise, in any manner they elect and b) control or restrict qualification and the frequency and manner of voting.
8. JUDGING. Judging and actual selection of Winners will be accomplished in the following manner:
Judging will take place in three stages.
- The first level of judges will select recipes for judging. If a recipe is not selected at this level, it is likely to be because it does not fit the requirements for the evaluation of recipes for this contest (i.e., too expensive, takes too much prep time, etc.)
- The first level of judges will individually test these recipes and score them on a 100-point score system.
- Final decisions at this level will be made by the Bragg Social Media manager based on input from first level judges.
- The top three recipes in each category will then be elevated to the second level judges. Second level judges are members of a vegetarian supper club in Santa Barbara run in affiliation with Dr. John Westerdahl, our staff nutritionist who has written a vegetarian cookbook.
- The second level judges will choose recipes from these top three to judge. They may not judge all three in each category.
- The second level judges will choose a winner in each category for elevation to the top level. Each of these winners is a finalist and will be awarded the prize for finalists.
- Final decisions at this level will made by Dr. John Westerdahl based on input from second level judges.
- The top level judges are appointed by Patricia Bragg and will judge recipes in all categories to determine an overall winner.
b) Judging criteria (100-point-scale) is as follows:
- Ease of preparation (50 total points)
- Ingredients are easy to locate and buy (15 pts.)
- Ingredients are not expensive (15 pts.)
- Less preparation effort gets more points (20 pts.)
- Time is not a factor (baking always takes longer)
- Taste (50 points): All recipes start with 50 points
- 5 points will be deducted if too salty, too oily, too bitter, etc.
- Points will be deducted by judges at their discretion
9. PRIZES. The winner will receive $500 or a year supply of Bragg Live Food Products as follows:
- 12 Bragg Organic Apple Cider (16 oz.)
- 12 Bragg Liquid Aminos (16 oz.)
- 24 Bragg Liquid Aminos Spray (6 oz.)
- 12 Bragg Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (16 oz.)
- 12 Bragg Ginger and Sesame Dressing (12 oz.)
- 12 Bragg Organic Vinaigrette (12 oz.)
- 12 Bragg Organic Sprinkle (2.5 oz.)
- 12 Bragg Organic Sea Kelp Delight (2.7 oz.)
- 12 Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning (4.5 oz.)
- 12 Braggzyme Systematic Enzymes (120 capsules)—worth almost $500!!
- 24 Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Drink (16 oz.)
- Bragg Library (our collection of 10 books)
- 6 additional Apple Cider Vinegar books
- 6 additional Bragg Healthy Lifestyle books
The retail value of the year supply of Bragg Live Food Products is $1,307.96.
The winner is subject to verification including verification of eligibility, compliance with the official rules, and completion of the documentation specified herein and satisfaction of any prize-related conditions. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest”, including but not limited to eligibility and winner selection. If a potential winner cannot be reasonably notified, and confirmed within ten (10) days of the first notification attempt (and further attempt’s at sponsor’s sole discretion) a prize is declined and potential winner is not eligible for award of a prize for whatever reason, an alternate potential winner will be chosen in accordance with the Official Rules.
10. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Applicable taxes, which vary from state to state, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper publishing of Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest”, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or Sponsor's identification of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All activity arising out of and relating to the Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you agree to cooperate with Sponsor concerning verification and/or auditing. All references to an entrant's status as a "winner" are subject to Sponsor verification and/or auditing. If verification activity or an audit evidences non-compliance of an entry or entrant with the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and remove the entry from Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” at any time.
12. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, by participating in Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” and if you are a winner or finalist, you grant Sponsor permission to use your name, city and state and your entry on the Bragg Live Foods Products newsletter, bragg.com website and other social media websites where Bragg Live Foods Products maintains a presence. We will not disclose your phone number or email address anywhere. We ask that you send a photo of yourself for use on our website and newsletter, but this is not required.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMERS/RELEASE.
ANY STATEMENTS MADE AS PART OF AN ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST DOES NOT IMPLY A PAID OR OTHERWISE-COMPENSATED ENDORSEMENT.
ANY STATEMENTS MADE AS PART OF AN ENTRY DO NOT, IN ANY WAY, REPRESENT A HEALTH CLAIM OR CURE THAT MAY VIOLATE THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION BAN ON MAKING UNPROVEN OR UNSUBSTATIATED CLAIMS. ENTRANTS IN THIS CONTEST ARE NOT MAKING CLAIMS AS THEY APPLY TO OTHERS AS TO THE BENEFITS OF BRAGG LIVE FOOD PRODUCTS.
SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO THE PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest.” RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN The Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest”, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL.
BY ENTERING THE Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY RELATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, USE BY A RELEASED PARTY OF ANY ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN THE Bragg Live Foods Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest”, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST A RELEASED PARTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
16. DISPUTES. Sponsor reserves the right to make all decisions in its sole discretion arising out of or relating to the Bragg Live Food Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest”, and the decisions by Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Bragg Live Food Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest”. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Bragg Live Food Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest” or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (b) you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Bragg Live Food Products “Bragg Vegetarian Recipe Contest”, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States of America and the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.
17. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST. A copy of these Official Rules and a list of winners will be posted on bragg.com now throughout 2010; these rules may be posted for an unspecified amount of time if the contest is run again or a similar contest requires the same rules or for as long as it is relevant deemed by Bragg Live Food Products.