GREEN BEANS WITH MUSHROOMS
• 3 cups green beans, slice • 1 cup mushrooms, slice
• 1 ½ Tbsps Bragg Organic Olive Oil • ½ tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
• 3 garlic cloves, mince • shake of Bragg Sprinkle (24 herbs & spices)
Sauté green beans, garlic and mushrooms in wok or pan with olive oil for 15 minutes or until tender. Add Sprinkle and Liquid Aminos. Serves 4-6.
MAPLE - CANDIED SWEET POTATOES
• 3 medium sweet potatoes • ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
• ½ Tbsp Bragg Organic Olive Oil • ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
• ¼ cup distilled water
Steam potatoes in jackets 20 minutes. Then put 1 inch slices into baking dish. Heat remaining ingredients to boiling, pour sauce over potatoes, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes. Serves 4.
• 3 cups whole-grain, dried bread crumbs • 1 cup mushrooms, chop
• 1 cup celery, mince • Egg Replacer equal to 1 egg
• 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos • 4 tsps Bragg Organic Olive Oil
• ½ tsp poultry seasoning • 2 red onions, mince
• 3 cloves garlic, mince • ½ tsp Bragg Sprinkle
Mix all ingredients together. If not moist enough, add a few tablespoons distilled water or soy milk. Bake in casserole dish at 350°F until heated throughout and top is browned. Serves 6.
CINCINNATI MOCK TURKEY
• 1 cup each cooked soybeans & lentils • 1 cup soy milk
• 1 cup whole-grain bread crumbs • ¼ cup walnuts, finely chop
• 1 Tbsp Bragg Organic Olive Oil • Egg Replacer equal to 1 egg
• ¼ cup pecans, finely chop • 2 Tbsps onion, chop
• 1 cup whole-grain cracker crumbs • 2-3 Tbsps whole-grain flour
• shake of Bragg Sprinkle • 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
• Optional: ½ tsp poultry herb seasoning
Place chopped onion and olive oil into small saucepan and heat for a few minutes, but do not brown or fry. Add soy milk. Warm mixture slowly and pour over cracker and bread crumbs. Sift whole-grain flour into pan and stir constantly over low heat until its color is light brown. Add chopped nuts, continue stirring until they are warm, but not browned. Beat Egg Replacer, add to mixture. Add nuts and browned flour. Process cooked soybeans and lentils through food processor. Add Liquid Aminos, Sprinkle and poultry seasoning if desired. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Pour mixture into oiled bread pan. Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes. Then turn out into casserole dish. Serve with Gravy recipe below and cranberry sauce. Serves 6.
CINCINNATI MOCK TURKEY GRAVY
• 1 Tbsp Bragg Olive Oil • 1 tsp poultry seasoning
• 1 Tbsp onion, finely chop • 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
• 1 ¼ cups boiling distilled water • 2 ½ Tbsps whole-grain flour
Mix ingredients to a smooth consistency and pour over baked mock turkey casserole. Place in oven 15 minutes. The recipe above makes a delicious vegetarian roast, served with this gravy recipe and cranberry sauce.
APPLE CIDER CRANBERRY SAUCE
• 2 cups apple cider • 1 Tbsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
• 4 cups of cranberries • 1 Apple, peeled, cored and diced (optional)
Cook apple for 10 minutes at a simmer. Add cranberries and cook for 5-10 minutes until they pop and start to thicken. Cool and serve.
If you prefer more sweetening, you may add Stevia herbal powder, raw honey, Agave nectar, or concentrated fruit juice to taste.
• 1 ½ cups organic, whole-grain flour • ½ cup raw honey
• 1 ½ cups mashed or puréed pumpkin • ½ cup dried cranberries
• ½ cup Bragg Organic Olive Oil • 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp spiceberry or allspice • ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chop
• Egg Replacer equal to 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, pumpkin, honey, olive oil, Egg Replacer, baking powder and allspice in a bowl. Stir just until combined. Stir in nuts and cranberries. Pour batter into an oiled 6x9 inch bread pan. Bake 1 hour or until done in center. Remove loaf from pan and let cool on a baking rack. Serves 8.
• 4 apples, core • ¼ cup nuts, chop
• 1 tsp cinnamon • ¼ cup raisins
Mix nuts, raisins (or currants) and cinnamon. Stuff mixture into core of each apple. Bake, covered at 350°F for 20 minutes or until done. Serves 4.
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
• 2 cups pumpkin, strain • ½ cup soy milk
• ½ cup raw honey • Egg Replacer equal to 2 eggs
• ½ tsp ginger powder • 1 ½ tsps cinnamon powder
• ½ tsp allspice powder
Add soy milk, sweetener, Egg Replacer and spices to pumpkin. Stir for 2 minutes. Pour into pie tin lined with whole-grain & soy pie crust (see following recipe). Bake at 425°F about 45 minutes or until filling is firm. Serves 6.
WHOLE-GRAIN & SOY PIE CRUST
• 1 ½ cups whole-grain flour • ½ cup soy flour
• ½ cup Bragg Organic Olive Oil • distilled ice water
• ½ tsp raw honey, barley malt or brown rice syrup
Mix olive oil into flours. Add water and sweetener and mix to form a soft dough. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate about 2 hours before rolling out on floured board. Makes 2 crusts.