See our Products Page & Webstore for our NEW Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Mushroom - Walnut Paté
• 1 Tbsp Bragg Organic Olive Oil • 1 red onion, finely chop
• ½ lb mushrooms, slice • 2 cups walnuts, toast
• ½ lb firm tofu, crumble • ½ tsp Bragg Sprinkle
• 2 Tbsps Bragg Liquid Aminos • 2 tsps Bragg Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Cook the onions in olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, stirring, until translucent (about 6 minutes). Add mushrooms, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms have wilted, about 5 minutes. Then process in a blender and add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Place in serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. The paté keeps up to one day in the refrigerator. Makes 3 cups.
Cashew Dip and Topping
This recipe can be used as a vegetable dip, or as a topping on veggies, salads, pasta and pizza.
• ½ cup raw cashews • 2 oz canned pimientos
• ¼ cup lemon juice • 1 Tbsp Bragg Nutritional Yeast Flakes
• ¼ tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos • ½ tsp Bragg Sprinkle
• ¼ tsp garlic powder • 1 ½ cups distilled water
Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth. You can vary nut choices. Makes 2 cups.
Peanut or Almond Butter - Yeast Spread
• ½ cup creamy peanut or almond butter
• 2 Tbsps Bragg Olive Oil
• ½ cup Bragg Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Combine nut butter of choice and yeast. Add olive oil. Mix until smooth. Store covered in refrigerator. Makes 1 cup.
Soybean Patties with Tomato Sauce
• 1 cup soybeans, soak overnight • ½ cup distilled water
• 2 Tbsps Bragg Nutritional Yeast Flakes • ¼ tsp onion powder
• Pinch of poultry seasoning • Pinch of garlic powder
• 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos • ½ tsp Bragg Sprinkle
• 1 Tbsp Bragg Organic Olive Oil • 2/3 cup rolled oats
Grind soybeans in a food processor. Combine remaining ingredients, with the exception of the rolled oats, and chop fine in the food processor. Then add the oats and mix thoroughly. Let ingredients stand for 10 minutes to absorb all of the moisture. Form into patties on well-oiled baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until browned. Turn, cover and bake 10 more minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F and cook additional 10 minutes. Serve with tomato sauce Serves 4.
Tomato - Soy Cheese - Tofu Sauce
• ½ lb soy cheese, grate • ½ cup soy cream
• 2 Tbsps Bragg Organic Olive Oil • ½ cup soft tofu, dice
• Egg Replacer equal to 2 eggs • Shake of Bragg Sprinkle
• ¾ cup warm tomato juice • Soy parmesan cheese
• ½ cup whole-grain bread crumbs • Bragg Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Melt soy cheese with olive oil in double boiler; add toasted bread crumbs, soy cream and tomato juice, stirring constantly. Add Egg Replacer, tofu, and Sprinkle (24 herbs & spices). When mixture is thoroughly blended and melted, serve on whole-grain toast or pasta, warmed corn tortillas or pita bread, or over steamed fresh veggies. Garnish with soy Parmesan cheese and Bragg Nutritional Yeast Flakes. Serve on: whole-grain toast, pasta, or warmed corn tortillas. Serves 6.
• 1 red onion, chop • 1 Tbsp Bragg Organic Olive Oil
• 1 bell pepper, dice • ¼ cup tomato salsa
• ½ lb firm tofu, crumble • Shake of Bragg Sprinkle
• 1 Tbsp Bragg Nutritional Yeast Flakes • ½ tsp chili powder
• 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos • 2 garlic cloves, crush
• 6 corn tortillas • Shake Bragg Kelp
Sauté half of onions, garlic and bell pepper in olive oil for 3 minutes, add tofu, chili powder, Bragg Yeast, Sprinkle, Kelp and Liquid Aminos. Cook 3 minutes. Add tomato salsa and simmer over low heat until mixture is nearly dry. Heat tortillas in un-greased skillet or oven, turning side to side until soft and pliable. Place small amount of tofu mixture in center, fold tortilla in half and remove from heat. Garnish with lettuce, raw onions, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado and top with salsa. Serves 2-3.
• 1 ½ cup firm silken tofu, crumbled • ½ cup soy milk
• 1 Tbsp Bragg Nutritional Yeast Flakes • 2 Tbsps lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos • 1 Tbsp Tahini
• ¼ cup Bragg Organic Olive Oil • 1 tsp turmeric
• ½ tsp Bragg Sprinkle
Place all the ingredients except for the olive oil in a blender and blend until very smooth and creamy. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to blend. Transfer the blended sauce ingredients to a 1-quart sauce pan, and place it over medium-low heat. Slowly warm the sauce, stirring constantly until it is completely heated. Do not boil. Remove from heat. Serve at once. Serves 6.
Patricia’s Delicious Health Popcorn
For more healthy fiber in your diet, enjoy fresh home-popped popcorn. My favorite method is the air (non-oil) popper. Melt desired amount of trans-fat free soy butter or use Bragg Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Blend soy butter and oil, add 3-5 fresh crushed garlic cloves and several sprays or dashes of Bragg Liquid Aminos to mixture and pour over popcorn. Then sprinkle with Bragg Nutritional Yeast Flakes. For variety, add a shake of delicious Bragg Sprinkle (24 herbs & spices), mustard powder or cayenne pepper to liquid mixture. This is a tasty bread substitute served with soups, salads and almost any meal. Keep warm in oven until serving.